I discovered a blog with many yummy baking recipes. After trying this recipe of her for Cranberry-Lemon Crumb Muffins, I am determined to go back and try more!
I love cranberries and I love lemon, so to have them together in a muffin was delicious. I did not tweak her recipe at all! These are perfect, to me, as they are. So, if you still have some cranberries in your fridge or freezer from all the holiday parties, this is the best way to use them.
Here is her recipe:
Cranberry-Lemon Crumb Muffins
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, warmed to room temperature
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12- cup muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a small bowl, blend together the sugar and the lemon peel. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup lemon-sugar and 1/4 cup flour. With a fork, cut in 2 tablespoons of cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, the remaining 1/2 cup lemon-sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour. Stir until just combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
After you have made these and loved them, check out her blog for more yummy goodness! I don’t know that she is actively blogging anymore, but it is still worth checking out!