(Photo courtesy of likecool.com)
In case you have not noticed, I really like chocolate things. And peanut buttery things. And oatmeal.
I feel like every other recipe on here is a dessert with one or more of those items. 🙂
And here’s another!
I found this recipe over at Cookies & Cups (wonderfully delicious site!), and I have made it several times. It is very similar to a recipe my mom makes – same ingredients, just arranged a little differently. Regardless, it incorporates peanut butter, chocolate and oats…so of course it is yummy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Squares
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I have been tempted to try it with chunky but I haven’t yet)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips (or more, if you tend not to measure chocolate into a recipe like me)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9×13 baking pan with foil and grease (I actually forgot to grease it this week, and they still turned out delicious.).
- Cream butter, sugars, and PB together til creamy (hand mixer, stand mixer, by hand with whisk…whatever gets the job done).
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until pale in color. Add in salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Add in flour and oats, mix well.
- Press dough into pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and press lightly into the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden (top may not be, but take it out when edges are golden or it will be hard around the edges).
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and pour over warm, baked dough. Spread glaze evenly and let cool completely, with glaze set, before cutting.
I whipped these up while making pizzas the other night. Two giant pizzas and a pan of these in the oven make for some odd smells in the kitchen. BUT, everything came out delicious…and that is really all that counts!