The Dial brand provided me with a sample of Dial Kids Body and Hair Wash in exchange for a product review. However, all the opinions expressed here are my own.
Last week, we received the NEW Dial Kids Body + Hair Wash! Ours is the tear-free one for kids ages 2+. The scent is called “peachy clean.” I wasn’t too sure about the peach scent on my little ones, but I was excited to try something geared toward my kids…who are not babies but not quite big kids yet.
Here’s what I LOVE about it:
- it’s TEAR-FREE. That’s a big deal in our house!
- the Peachy Clean scent is so faint, I didn’t even really notice it. It just smelled clean, to me. It wasn’t the overpowering fruity scents of some of the other kid washes. Baby wash can be expensive, so I’ve reserved it just for the baby here. My almost 2 yr old and almost 4 yr old needed a scent that wasn’t too strong, since I wasn’t allowing them to use the soft-scented baby stuff. The Peachy Clean scent was a PERFECT match!
- It’s for both hair and body! If there’s a sale and a coupon, I buy it. I do get tired of making sure we have BOTH body wash and shampoo for the kids and dread finding that we only have one or the other. Since Dial Kids Body & Hair Wash covers both, it’s a win-win!!
- No artificial dyes or added parabens. And hypoallergenic!
Here’s what I didn’t love:
- The soap seemed stringy. I tried to squirt a small amount onto a washcloth, but as I pulled it back upright it made this long string of soap that just wouldn’t break off. It’s not a huge deal, but I had to take the extra time to make sure I wiped off the side of the bottle because the soap was in a string down the side of it now so the kids wouldn’t go to pick it up later and drop it because it was so slippery. (I apologize for the run-on sentence there!)
That’s it for negatives. 🙂
The Dial Kids Body & Hair Wash for ages 2+ is “meant for children aged 2-5…for kids that have outgrown traditional newborn soaps, yet are not ready for adult strength body and hair wash.”
The other NEW one is “for children ages 6+, Dial offers mild cleansing without drying out your child’s delicate skin. Watery Melon and Berry Cool variants contain bright, vibrant colors and fun scents that take bath time to a whole new level of fun!” I would definitely be interested in trying this one for my oldest girl.
Be sure to check out Dial on Facebook and “Like” them to stay in touch with product promotions and news!