Oh, this month has gotten away from me! I have an exciting review here about Honey Bunches of Oats and a GIVEAWAY too! 🙂
I received a free box of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal through my membership with Purex Insiders. This was to eat (yum!) and review on my blog. While I received factual information about the cereal that I will add here, all the opinions about the cereal are my own.
Mother’s Day 2012. Started like every other Mother’s Day – children running and jumping in our bed, screaming “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!” I love every moment of it…even though my ears do not.
Just like every other holiday, the girls say they want to make me breakfast but are not able to. Well, this year we happened to have this free box of Honey Bunches of Oats on the counter just waiting to be eaten. The girls talked Dad into letting them pour a bowl for each of us. I wasn’t sure about eating it…I have actually never had this cereal and worried I wouldn’t like it and just crush the girls’ excitement about making me breakfast. To my surprise, this cereal was pretty delicious! All 5 of us (everyone but the baby) enjoyed a bowl or two of this cereal and actually finished the whole box!
Here’s what I liked most about the cereal:
– It didn’t taste too sweet. I have gotten away from buying cereals because of all the sugar. “Honey Bunches of Oats has just 6 grams of sugar per serving!” That seemed pretty low to me based on the amounts I’ve seen on other cereal boxes.
– It wasn’t bland. My biggest irritation with the healthier cereals is that they taste like cardboard. I feared this one would, too, but it didn’t. “Honey Bunches of Oats bring together 4 nutritious grains into crispy flakes and even more crunchy granola bunches!”
– It is “heart healthy.” 0 grams Trans Fat, 0 grams Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol”
Overall, I was impressed with the nutritional value of the cereal, as well as the taste. Definitely a pleasant surprise! And it made for a delicious “homemade” breakfast by my 3 little girls! Best Mother’s Day ever! 🙂
So, here’s what is even more exciting about this post. I received coupons for FREE boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats to give away to my readers!! I have 3 coupons for this giveaway. The giveaway begins today and will end at 12:00AM on Monday, June 4.
The 3 ways you can enter are:
1. Leave a comment below about your favorite breakfast cereal. (Mandatory for entry into the giveaway.)
2. Like Life as Mom Knows It on Facebook
3. Tweet about the giveaway. @LifeAsMomKnows
Leave a separate comment for each of the 3 entries. I will have three numbers drawn randomly from an online random number generator and the comments with those numbers will each win 1 coupon for a FREE box of Honey Bunches of Oats! (If the same person has two of the winning comment numbers, I will re-draw so that 3 different people win.)
Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!