Another new creation!! I am on a roll with creating recipes this past week(end). Here’s my newest, Cream of Potato Soup! Who doesn’t love a warm creamy soup on a chilly day?!
This went over so well with my entire family – even picky Addy loved this one! That’s a point for Mom!! 🙂
Cream of Potato Soup
5 TBSP butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
3/4 cup diced carrot
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 TBSP flour
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 TBSP dried parsley
5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
Salt & Pepper
Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add in onions, celery and carrots. Cook until tender, stirring often so they don’t burn. Add in garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Stir in flour and combine completely. Slowly stir or whisk in chicken broth. Continue stirring until starts to bubble and thickens slightly. Stir in milk, potatoes and parsley. Cook until starts to bubble again. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer 20-3o minutes, or until potatoes are very tender. Using potato masher, mash in pan slightly. (It will thicken broth some but still leave some soft chunks.) Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
I served this last night with a salad and rolls. So delicious. I wish I had doubled the recipe, though, as this only had about 6 servings. Just enough for dinner (everyone had 2 helpings!) and a little for Arthur’s lunch today. I would definitely make more next time, so we can ALL have leftovers of it for the next day’s lunch!
- Country Style Ham & Potato Soup Recipe (averagebetty.com)
- Crock Pot Potato Soup (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- cream of anything soup is your friend (goodoldfood.wordpress.com)
- Potato-Celery Soup (epicureanvegan.com)
- Cheddar and Potato Soup (buckmansrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Intro to Cooking: Easy Potato Soup (collegecandy.com)
- Potato Parmesan Soup with Pesto (chanteusedesigns.wordpress.com)