More pork for dinner last night! 🙂 It has been a while since I found a good sale on pork, but this past week I found 2 great sales, so I stocked up!
Last night, I made Pork Stuffing Casserole. I searched “pork stuffing casserole” and got a variety of ideas, so I combined a few and created one we’d like. It was delicious! I am used to shredded or chopping meat to incorporate into casseroles, to make the meat go farther. It was nice to be able to have a big chop all to myself!
PORK STUFFING CASSEROLE
– Olive Oil
– 4 pork chops, any cut
– salt and pepper
– 3 TBSP butter/margarine
– 3/4 cup shredded carrot
– 1/2 cup chopped onion (from our freezer)
– 1 box dry stuffing mix, any flavor (I used turkey Stove Top stuffing; we are down to the last of our stockpile from last winter)
– 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1. Heat olive oil in pan, enough to coat bottom of pan.
2. Wash and pat dry the pork chops, then salt and pepper them. Brown each side of pork chops, 2-3 minutes each side. Remove them to a plate.
3. Melt butter in same pan. Add carrots and onions. Saute until tender.
4. Add stuffing mix and broth to pan. Cook and stir until mix is moistened.
5. Butter/grease bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Add stuffing/veggie mixture to bottom of dish. Place chops across top. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until chops have cooked through.
We had this with a side of broccoli, homemade applesauce (as always!), and buttered bread. I had good intentions of making some quick biscuits, but that never happened. 🙂